Our auto enrolment provider
Orbital Umbrella has partnered with NOW Pensions to help meet our legal requirements in delivering an auto enrolment scheme for our PAYE workers. Our original staging date was 1st May 2014 but we activated our right to defer for 3 months which means our new staging date moved to 1st August 2014.
Auto enrolment legislation has been designed to encourage a retirement savings culture in the UK. This new legislation requires all employers to automatically enrol some or all members of their workforce (depending on age and salary level) into a pension scheme that meets certain minimum standards. Some workers will also have the right to ask their employer to enrol them into an auto enrolment pension scheme.
Qualifying Criteria to be Auto Enrolled:
- earn over £10,000 a year (£192 a week);
- are aged 22 or over but are under State Pension Age;
- Is not already a member of a qualifying workplace pension scheme.
What does this mean?
- NOW Pensions will be sending out initial information and starter packs(where applicable) to individuals via post or e-mail.
- Any new starters after 1st August 2014 will be individually deferred for 3 months. If you are still working with us on the new deferment date you will be automatically enrolled providing you meet the qualifying criteria.
- Workers will be able to manage their account online via the Now Pensions website.
- Once you have been enrolled you can choose to opt out of the plan if you want to, however you cannot opt out until after you have been automatically enrolled and received a joiner letter.
- Details of how to opt-out will be included in your joiner letter. To speak to NOW Pensions about this you can contact them on 0333 3322020 or email@example.com
- Anyone who opts out or stops making payments will be automatically enrolled back into the plan every three years. This is required by law as your circumstances may have changed and it may be the right time for you to start saving.